The Telescope.Net service can be evaluated by opening a demonstration membership at: http://go.itelescope.net/register
Demonstration memberships include:
- View only access to all telescope system, you will not be able to run any observing plans.
- 40 free points which can be used towards your first subscription.
- A full evaluation can be obtained by upgrading your account to a starter-trial subscription.
The currency used on iTelescope.Net is points. We bill in USD, GBP, EUR and AUD. Points are consumed based on the amount of imaging time you use on a telescope. Each telescope has a points per imaging hour rate, which is displayed in real time when you login to the Launchpad.
Each membership plan has a fixed number of points which is credited to your account every 28 days. Additional points can be purchased at any time.
Access to the telescope system is granted via the iTelescope.Net launchpad at http://go.itelescope.net
Full fee paying members have unrestricted access to each of the telescopes systems as long as your account balance has 10 or more points in credit, otherwise your account may be restricted until the balance is raised above 10 points.
If your account is inactive for more than 90 days, we may remove your account from the remote telescope systems, when your account becomes active again, by login back into the launchpad, your account will be re-activated on the remote telescope systems.
If your account contains a points balance and you do not have an active subscription, the network can still be used. However you will be charged at the full list price (see No Plan), please refer to the launchpad at time of login for full pricing details. It is recommended that you subscribe to a membership plan if you wish to continue to use the network.
Negative Account Balance
From time to time it maybe possible for scheduled observing plans to run over time, due to a number of technical reasons outside our direct control. It is the members responsibility to reasonably ensure you have enough points in your account to pay for your intended session.
This can be evaluated by the current points per hour cost of the system, from the launchpad at time of login, times the amount of hours your plan to use the system. Example 45 points per hour x 1.25 hours = 56 points. iTelescope.Net reserves the right to issue you an invoice for negative account balances when reasonable duty of care was not exercised by the member.
Availability is subject to weather conditions, scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance, and reservations. Telescopes are offered on a first come first served basis. iTelescope.Net makes every effort make telescope systems available however from time to time we may have to take telescope systems down for servicing.
Progress updates are normally posted on the launchpad and twitter.
iTelescope.Net can not guarantee our service will be 100% available and fault free, due to the technical nature of the remote operation.
Telescopes can be reserved four hours before the intended start time. If a reservation exists, the current members session will be terminated. If the reservation is active and the telescope is available, you have 10 mins to show up to your reservation before it is cancelled. iTelescope.Net reserves the right and may charge your account for the full reservation period if you miss your reservation.
If the observatory roof is closed and you have a reservation, the reservation will become active when the roof opens.
Launch-a-Plan is part of the reservation system, it allows you to schedule a plan in advanced to be executed at your nominated date and time. Our system will then start the plan on your behalf.
Acceptable Use of Resevation System
All members are allowed one reservation each evening for a minimum of 15 minutes per telescope.
All subscription plans now have a maximum number of hours they may reserve at a time across all telescopes following the table below.
Any member found to be cancelling reservations excessively will first receive a warning from iTelescope Staff.
Any member who does not show or run a plan during a Standard Reservation (No-Plan) when the observatory is open and conditions are suitable for imaging may be charged a 20 point fee. The 20 point charge will NEVER apply to any Launch-a-Plan (LAP) reservation.
Failure to follow these Policies after initial warnings will result in Reservation Suspension and eventually forfeit of all points and Account Closure if a member continues to abuse the Reservation System.
Full Text of Acceptable Usage Policy - Link
All image data coming off the network is offered in a uncalibrated and pre-calibrated format. If you wish to use uncalibrated data you can download bias, darks and flat frames from our library located on the FTP server.
You may also take darks and bias data at any time, however you will be charged for this at the nominated hourly rate if the roof is open. You can take bias and darks free of charge if the observatory roof is closed.
Image File Format
All monochromatic CCD images are offered in a 16bit FITS format.
Single Shot Color CCD will be offered in its raw and colour converted 16-FITS format.
16bit TIFF format is available by selecting the TIFF option in the advance mode settings.
Imaging processing and associated software is the responsibility of the member. Please visit our FAQ section and video guides on how to process your images. We are happy to facilitate fee for service image processing support from other members. Please contact us via our support website for this service.
Our telescopes can send your image data directly to the AAVSO VPHOT server for photometric analysis. VPHOT requires AVVSO membership. Once the image data leaves iTelescope.Net, we are no longer in control of that data, please refer to the AAVSO VHOT policy statement.
Complex Observing Plans
If you have a complex observing requirement please contact us via our support website, we will assist you in designing a observing plan.
When you login to the launchpad the current telescope rates are displayed, the rates vary based on your membership plan, promotions and the current moon discount. All detailed telescope rates for your plan can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to apply a minimum charge to cover the cost of delivery for our service and telescope occupation. This will be stated in your usage receipt. Current Minimum Charge is 3 (three) points per imaging session.
After each session a detailed usage receipt will be send to you via email, including a breakdown of the fees and charges, jpeg preview images, all sky camera and weather information.
iTelescope.Net reserves the right to close accounts without notice that attempt to hack, abuse or try to circumvent our security systems, including blocking you IP address in our firewall and reporting your electronic identification footprint to your local law enforcement office.
A member can request their account to be closed by sending an email to email@example.com, the request will be verified and then the account closed.
iTelescope.Net does not allow more than one account per person, except in the cases of group accounts or where prior approval has been given. We reserve the right to close and refund accounts without notice that attempt to bypass these restrictions.
A member can request their account to be closed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the request will be verified and then the account closed.
iTelescope.Net sends out an email newsletter, subscription to our newsletter can be controlled via this website. The newsletter will contain news, updates, events, promotions and discounts from time to time.
Intellectual Property Rights
Members have full intellectual property rights over all data acquired by them when using iTelescope.Net systems. iTelescope.Net will periodically inspect image data coming off the network for the purposed of quality control. iTelescope.Net will not publish or share any of your data without your expressed permission.
Quality of Image Data
iTelescope.Net will refund points on image data you are unsatisfied with, period. A credit request can be made via our support website. We reserve the right to evaluate these requests and may provide you with advice to ensure that future desired results are to your standard.
Customer Service Response Times
Requests made via our support website are typically responded to between 1 and 4 hours of lodging the support request. Most requests are fully resolved between 12 and 24 hours.
At any stage you can request speak to a representative over the phone, please submit a support request asking for someone to call you, please advise us of your preferred contact method, and the best time to call you and the city and country you are calling from. We speak English and German. You can also reach us directly via the contact methods listed here.
Image Data Download
Image data is typically ready for download from our high speed FTP server within 5 to 10 mins of the exposure being complete from our New Mexico and Spain observatory sites. Please access this guide for access information.
Image Data Retention
All data is stored on our FTP server for 90 days. It is the members responsibility to download all image data. We will not provide refunds for image data that has been deleted after the 90 day period.
Head Office and Adminstration
Please email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time for a telephone call appointment.
Payment Transaction Policy
1) All payments processed are in American Dollars (USD) unless specify otherwise.
1a) All prices exclude GST for non-Australian residents.
1b) All prices include GST for Australian residents.
1c) All services provided are delivered electronically and do not require shipment. In the event iTelescope.Net is required to ship you an item or goods we will provide you a quotation.
2) iTelescope.Net requires you to register an account on our website before any services can be provided.
3) We will collect and securely store information such as your full name, address, email and contact phone number for the sole purpose of providing services stated on our website, account verification and anti-fraud measures.
3a) This information in stored securely on our servers with staff access policies in place that govern the use of your personal information.
3b) We will not sell or provide your contact details to any third party.
4) At point of sale, we will require you to enter in your credit card number, cvn number, expiry date and your full name on your credit card. This information will be transmitted via encrypted SSL (secure socket layer) session between your computer and our our billing merchant eWay, using current PCI-DSS industry standards. You will see a padlock and a green bar identifying iTelescope.Net website and that the connection is secure.
iTelescope.Net doesn't not store your credit card information on file, this information is held securly at eWay our billing merchant. eWay complys with PCI-DSS security standard for the retention of credit card and billing information.
4a) At time your inital transaction you will need to nominate a billing method either credit card or Paypal. This information will then be transmitted via an encrypted SSL connection to eWay. eWay will then store your nominated billing method using PCI-DSS security standards and issues iTelescope.Net a customer token number which idenifies your account.
4b) If your transaction is for a once off purchase such as point transaction, we will use your nominated billing method and charge your account.
4c) If your transaction is for a subscription, the first payment will be charged using your nominated billing method.
On the 28th day renewal (or as per the nominated renewal period), our payment processor will securely submit your customer token number and charge your nominated billing method stored at eWay.
4d) If the transaction is declined, we will try four more times over the next 14 day period to charge your nominated billing method, otherwise will automatically cancel your subscription.
6) If you cancel your subscription, your billing account information will be deactivated in eWay and you subscription will be cancelled.
7) If you do not wish to use our online payment gateway, we can process subscriptions manually three months in advanced and additional points sales via Wire Transfer, Credit Card, Fax, Paypal for additional fee of 5% above the purchase price.
8) For education, business and institution transactions we accept purchase orders via fax or email on 30 day terms.
9) Other transactions outside subscripts and points sales will normally be settled via bank wire, credit card or paypal, which includes special projects and other supplementary services. Please refer to the terms and conditions of sale for these special transactions.
10) All times and dates quoted are in UTC time.
iTelescope.Net uses a third party provider to sell iTelescope.Net merchandise such as: apparel, mouse mats, mugs and cups. Please review the merchants policies before purchasing any products.
Please visit the contact webpage for contact details.
1) iTelescope.Net recommends new members try out our service via a demonstration account, this allows new members to become familiar with our service offering before committing to a full subscription.
2) All memberships are based on a twenty eight day term (unless otherwise specified), and if at any time during that term you feel that service offered is not as described, iTelescope.Net will refund the full purchase price of your last subscription transaction.
3) Points purchased have a twenty eight day refund term if you feel that the service offered is not as described.
4) If your credit card has been used without your authorisation, we will refund the transaction amount in full.
5) Typically refund claims are processed within 24 hours and take 48-72 hours for the funds to be returned to your account.
6) It is the members responsibility to cancel the subscription before the next renewal date.
7) Cancellation request can be made via:
8) If your account remains inactive for more than one year with no billing subscription, you will lose your points balance in your account.
9) At any time you can re-start a subscription by subscribing to any membership plan.
10) If your account contains a points balance, and you do not have an active subscription, your usage rate will be charged at full list price, as displayed in the launchpad at the time of logon. It is recommended that you renew a subscription if you wish to continue to use the network.
11) Special projects outside the scope of subscriptions and points transactions will have their own special terms and conditions at time of sale.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order and subscribe to our newsletter.
- When ordering or registering to our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Credit Card or Paypal information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: to personalize your experience, to improve our website, to improve customer service or to process transactions.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional newsletter, updates, related product or service information, etc. You can opt-in and opt-out of our newsletter by sending a email to firstname.lastname@example.org or opt-out via the newsletter.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your credit card number or Paypal information will not be stored on our servers.
- Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third party merchant banking partners who assist us in processing payments, these parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.