Pricing & Membership Plans
iTelescope.Net is a membership-based not for profit organisation, every dollar spent by members helps grow the network. You can start your iTelescope journey by opening up a free account here.
By joining you are granted with a demonstration membership and 40 points which you can use when you become a paid member.
WHAT IS A DEMONSTRATION MEMBERSHIP?
A demonstration membership is a VIEW ONLY account that allows you to log into our telescopes via the ‘Launchpad’ (see Fig 1 below) without making a financial commitment, you will not be able to start an image sequence, control a telescope or book time on a telescope. Telescope control and imaging is provided to our paid members only.
DO UNUSED iTELESCOPE CREDITS ROLL OVER INTO THE NEXT MONTH?
Yes they do! If you are under your point credit limit at the end of a billing period, the unused points roll over to the next billing period and accumulate!
PLAN * billed each 28 days
|MONEY BACK GUARANTEE|
WHAT IS A POINT?
A ‘point’ is iTelescope currency. Your membership plan comes with a set number of points, When you join to a new plan or when your membership plan renews you accumulate ‘points’ in your account, and you can even buy additional points if you are running low.
Each iTelescope has an hourly imaging rate expressed in ‘points per imaging hour‘, this is the cost of using one hour of exposure time on that given telescope. Each iTelescope has it own hourly rate, which is influenced by your membership plan and the illumination of the moon. Typically the higher the membership plan the lower the hourly imaging rate per telescope. You can find the telescope rates here and on the launchpad.
You exchange your accumulated points for imaging time on an iTelescope system.
Example: If the telescope rate is 50 points per imaging hour and you have 100 points in your account, this means that you have 2 hours of imaging time on that given telescope.
You only pay for the imaging time you use, if you take a 5 minutes exposure you only pay for 5 minutes of imaging time in points, each time you use a telescope you consume your points along the way, simple!
BECOMING A PAID MEMBER
Join one of our membership plans to become a paid-up member. Membership plans are billed every 28-days and are offered in USD, GBP, EUR and AUD. When you join or renew your membership, your account is credited a set number of points, these points can be used in exchange for telescope time.
You are in full control of your account and at any stage you can upgrade, downgrade or even cancel your membership plan. We support Visa, Mastercard and Paypal. If you are from a company or government agency we accept purchase orders and invoicing, please contact [email protected] for more information.
Becoming a paid member allows full control over the pointing of the telescope and control of the camera, you can specify RA/DEC, filters and exposure times on all telescopes. We also include a planning tool which make it easier for you to select astronomical target via our the ‘Telescopius Browser‘. Once your observing plan is complete you can typically access your image data within 5 minutes via our high speed server.
Additionally, membership plans include a set quota of reservation time that allows you to book telescope time in advance or even start an observing plan automatically, the higher the plan, the more time you can book in advance on a telescope.
TOTAL EXPOSURE TIME BILLING
When your observing plan finishes, your account will be billed for the total exposure time you have used. If your observing plan contains 30 mins of imaging, thats all you will be charged, in most cases. Typically, you do not pay for slewing, focusing and pointing, etc.
EASY REFUND SYSTEM
As astronomers and imagers we all know that clouds and a gust of wind can spoil your observing session. We have made it simple for members to request a refund for a telescope session. You can now just follow the link from your email usage receipt or via the account history tab located in the launchpad. In most cases refunded points can be returned to your account instantly.
ITELESCOPE PAID MEMBERSHIPS INCLUDE:
- Full access to all telescopes on the network
- Exposure time only telescope rates
- VPhot – Online photometry analysis (AAVSO membership required)
- Reservations – Book the telescope ahead of time
- Launch-a-Plan – Automatically launch your plans anytime
- Telescopius planning tool that searches deep space objects for prime imaging
- Online scripted plan authoring
- Your Image Data stored for 90 days on iTelescope FTP server
- Your Image Data in both Calibrated and Uncalibrated FITS file format
- Your Image Data in FITS and JPEG if requested
- Calibration Data – Darks, Flat & Bias Included for each telescope
- Moon Discount – up to 50% off your rates
- Automatic refund system for any bad image due to weather
- 24/7 support just visit http://support.itelescope.net or email [email protected]
- Group accounts for your educational institutions
- You have complete legal ownership of your data and images
- Your data is private and is not shared
- You can accumulate any used points and roll them over to the next month
- Satisfaction guaranteed, otherwise we will refund your last subscription
- Over 15 years of experience running remote telescope services