Part 8-Near Earth Objects
What are the Chances of Discovering an NEO?
How do I know it’s an NEO?
- NEOs that have been observed previously. These range from numbered objects to ones that have only been observed on one or two nights.
- Potential new NEOs that appear as essentially circular images.
- Potential new NEOs where the image is non-circular.
- Obtaining non-trailed images.
- Obtaining images that were bright enough to measure sufficiently accurately.
- Measuring the time sufficiently accurately.