iTelescope.Net is the world's leading Web based network of remote control telescopes. Our mission is to Advance your Horizons in Astronomy.
iTelescope.Net is operated by a small team of astronomers based in Australia, USA, Canada and Europe as a service for amateur and semi-professional astronomers the world over.
The initial startup service began operations with a single telescope in New Mexico 2002. It has grown to encompass three continents with many research grade instruments on call for over 8000 registered members. It has an investment in its system of over 3 million dollars in remote telescope systems, Infrastructure and Customized Software.
The entire iTelescope system is controlled via the Internet. Nothing more than an Internet browser is required to remote control the telescopes.
iTelescope.Net is a "Self Funding" Observatory and the vast majority of its profits are reinvested into the network with new telescopes, observatories, features and equipment constantly being added for the benefit of its time sharing membership.
iTelescope.Net is dedicated to fostering international cooperation and collaboration in the name of research and deep sky imaging.
iTelescope.Net has indeed enabled amateur astronomers from all over the world to gather everything from prize winning stellar portraits to the discovery and research of minor planets, novae, comets and exo-planets.
We have a close working relathionship with the ANU RSAA and operate with them in an official partnership at our Australian SSO site. Also we have working ties with AAVSO, MPC, HST - STSI, NASA, ESA, MIT and academic institutes far and wide.
iTelescope.Net has established outreach programs enabling school students from Africa, America, Asia and Europe to explore the skies above them and do real science in the classroom. All the way to being a vital cog in live HST Hubble Space Telescope support thanks to our 'round the world coverage' capacity.
iTelescope.Net is the ONLY Telescope Hosting service that can enable hosted systems to earn a return with affiliate telescope investment.
iTelescope.Net empowers the amateur and student to fully participate in reliable research grade astronomy!
Take astronomical images or gather data with the worlds finest combination of remote telescope systems:
- Astrodon Filters
- Takahashi, RCOS, Planewave
- Paramount ME & Ascension 200 mounts
- SBIG & FLI CCD Cameras
- iTelescope Advanced ACP control interface
- Real time online photometry VPhot
- Free Calibration Data
- FTP data download service
- Online Client Support
- Dark Sky locations second to none
- Member ownership of data
- Video Tutorials & Advise
- Facebook and Twitter Media
Managing & Technical Director : Brad Moore - Australia
- loyal subjects -
- Observatory Manager : 'Aussie' Pete Georgopoulos, Australia.
- General Manager : Aron Jenkins, USA.
- Technical Systems and IT: Jeff Woods, USA.
- Social Media and Educational Development: Peter Lake, Australia.
- iTelescope Science Advisors: Dr Ian Musgrave, Dr Christian Sasse, Peter Lake
- Contributing Editors (Website): Dr Ian Musgrave. Nicole Mortillaro
- we love our Accounting Manager : Ms Georgette